Sunday, April 29, 2007

What A Feeling!


"What a feeling, bein's believin'
I can't have it all, now I'm dancin' for my life
Take your passion, and make it happen
Pictures come alive, you can dance right through your life"
- "Flashdance" by Irene Cara

Well that actually summed up how I felt upon arrival @ Macau International Airport on board Air Asia flight AK50 at 10.15 am. It was a 3 hour 45 minute flight from LCCT-KLIA.

Lo and behold, I thought I saw "The Eye of Malaysia"... I did, only that the Macanese did not dramatize the ferris-wheel with a ridiculous name like that.

"The Eye of Macau"??? from a distance at Hotel China, Macau

I took the MT2 bus from the airport located in the island of Taipa until the end of its line... at Praia Grande.

Rushing to catch the airport bus... just outside the arrival exit


The towering view of Macau tower from within the bus


The majestic view of the new Lisboa building, travelling along "Ponte Governador Nobre de Carvalho Macau Taipa Bridge"... phew! What a mouthful for a bridge's name!


The city streets of Macau...



I have already booked my guesthouse at SanVa Hospedaria located along Rua Da Felicidade. First order of biz, dump my rubbish at the guesthouse. So trotting along Avenida de Almeida Ribeiro a.k.a. San Ma Lo (Cantonese), the view was different from Malaysia.... duh! The names of the road are both in Portuguese and Cantonese... and that's why they are all a mouthful. But after sometime, you kinda get used to it.

... and how could I ever forget to snap a picture of the famous Avenida de Almeida Ribeiro. lol!



With a map and a brain, getting my directions correct was as easy as Do Re Mi.




  • Next Page

  • Previous Page
  • No comments: